Mommy Makeover & then Some? (photo)

I am 5"5 about 200lbs. I just started working out 2/3x a week and dieting (cheating half the time). I do not weight myself. I wanted to get a mommy makeover, lipo of back, flanks and chin and have most of the fat transferred to my hips and sides of my bottom. At a later date I'd like a breast reduction, arms (after working out), and thighs done. I wanted to know if I was a good candidate and average how much the first set of procedures would cost, more importantly CAN IT BE DONE ALL AT ONCE?

Safety of Mommy Makeover Combination Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. It is very likely that you will be a good candidate for the procedures you are considering. You are going about things correctly by achieving a long-term stable weight prior to proceeding.

Combination surgical procedures are done on a routine basis. However,  it is best to evaluate each patient on an individualized basis. During this consultation process, after a complete history and physical, the SAFETY  of combining these surgical procedures becomes of paramount importance.  Plastic surgeon, anesthesia provider, duration of surgery, surgery facility all important  considerations.

A few additional words of advice may be helpful:

1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself)  and that you have realistic expectations.  Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life   situation.  You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.

2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be  more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.

3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.

4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.

5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina  of your caretakers.

6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.

7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.

8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).

9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the   emotional swings that you may experience.

10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.

11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_mommyMakeover.htm

Prep for Mommy Makeover

+1

To achieve the best possible results, I think you would benefit from losing weight first.  If you proceed now, you will definitely get a significant improvement, but your results will be limited by the excess weight that can't be treated by plastic surgery alone.   Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu 
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Mommy Makeover, How many Procedures at Once?

+1

Mommy makeovers are best done after you have lost your "babyfat" and your weight has stabilized.  Otherwise you will have a lesser result, because later if you loose weight your skin will be looser, and if you gain weight then your body contour will be wider.

Because many patients find weight loss frustrating and difficult to achieve, I sometimes to a procedure such as liposuction of the flanks and excising the excess abdominal skin with the understanding that later additional surgery will be needed.  The purpose of this approach is to give the patients boost in the efforts to loose weight.  if you go to my website and view the liposuction pre and  post op photos of the lady in red and black, you will see an example of this approach.  She had a surprisingly good result with liposuction alone and then later lost weight and had a tummy tuck.

Combining cosmetic surgery procedures

+1

It appears as though you're an excellent candidate for the procedures you listed.  Yes, they can be done together.  However, it's hard to tell you whether or not it might be safer to do them in stages depending upon your aesthetic goals and upon your phyisical exam.  The more volume you want in your buttocks basically means that the procedure will take longer and you'll need to stage the surgeries.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Web reference: http://www.baltimoreplasticsurgery.com/Procedures_BreastAugmentationwithaTummyTuck_1665093.aspx

Good candidate for mommy makeover.

+1

You have quite a bit of work in front of you to get the full benefit of a mommy makeover. Some weight loss on your own in front of or behind the operations would be a good idea. You can call the office for cost estimate 404-814-1100.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,15-atlanta-breast-reduction.htm

BMI > 30 correlated with higher incidence of wound healing issues

+1

I would favor offering abdominoplasty, flank and dorsal roll liposuction once your BMI is around 30. Currently, your BMI is 33, and this correlates with a higher incidence of wound healing complications, seroma etc. , at least in my own experience.

Web reference: http://www.scottsattlermd.com

Combining operations

+1

Hi prebabybodplz

Combining procedures can be done, and can be cost effective. Costs will vary from surgeon to surgeon and it's important to do your research and understand how the costs vary - sometimes cheaper can also mean cutting back on the things that would keep you safe.

Your best bet is to get to your target weight, and then do it. Your results will be much more stable.

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Multiple Procdures

+1

Thank  you for your photographs.  I would recommend stabilizing your weight.  All the procedures can not be done at the same time.  Cost vary from region to region and from doctor to doctor.

Dr. ES

Mommy makeover and multiple procedures

+1

Thank you for your question and pix. You have already separated your procedures in a thoughtful way. Only thing may change after consultation is the addition of thigh liposuction to the first proposed procedure. Up to 5 liters (over ten pounds) can be liposuctioned safely as an outpatient procedure with transfer and sculpting of your buttock region. I believe patients should lose weight after surgery unless morbidly obese as you are not. Best of luck. 

Mommy makeover all at once

+1

Combining surgical procedures can be time and cost effective and yuor plan is not unreasonable. The final decision though depends on what yuo and the surgeon are comfortable with in terms of the procedures, and the cost of this may vary between different surgeons.

Jeremy Hunt

Web reference: http://www.drjeremyhunt.com.au

Sydney Plastic Surgeon