Does my Wound Looks OK? Chin Augmentation (photo)

Hi Doc`s I had Chin Augmentation(through cut under the Chin) on the 12th Sep `12 with Implants today is 20 Sep`12. Today I went i to my Surgeon `s clinic to get the Sutures removed. He said He would rather wait for a couple of days to remove them as the wound isnt healed properly and leave the wound open without bandaging, I had bad exp wt chin implants earlier coz of infection (intra oral approach) I just want your kind advice on my wound. He said I have NO infection/swelling. No numbness eithr

Does my Wound Looks OK? Chin Augmentation

+2

Very hard to advise via the internet. Best to see your surgeon more frequently to be safe. But my guess is things look OK. 

Chin augmentation implant scar

+2

Dear saintnsinnerr,

• It is still very early to judge the scar
  • You should keep it moist with antibiotic ointment at least twice a day until it heals
  • If your pain, redness or swelling was getting worse rather than better, these are signs of an infection
  • If each day gets better and better, then just be patient and it will improve

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Chin Augmentation Incision

+1

I am not sure what type of implant your surgeon placed in the chin and why the incision needed to be so long. Did he remove the old chin implant that was placed in previously intra oral?  It does look a bit jagged and not healing well. I would suggest frequent visits during this phase until the healing has improved. Best regards, Michael V. 
Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD