On the day of my procedure, my doctor said that he didn't think I needed the "laser". Is this a common practice? (Photo)

I recently decided to get laser lipo of my upper arms and bra fat. While he is marking me up, I ask about the laser and my concern of loose skin afterwards and he tells me that he doesn't think I need the laser and that my skin will do fine without it. He told me that sometimes the laser can cause problems with the thin skin on the inner arm like seromas or unevenness and he will decide while he is doing the procedure. He didn't use the laser. Is there any validity to what he told me?

Doctor changed your plan right before surgery?

+1
Most of us agree that laser lipo is not always better and not always necessary. Sometimes I do it, and sometimes I don't. However, this decision is always made well before the surgery and our surgical plan almost never changes right before surgery. While your doc may be 100% right, it makes my uneasy that he/she changed the plan on you as you were being marked. You should verify with your surgeon that he/she actually performs laser lipo. It sounds crazy, but I have heard of many docs who claim to perform laser lipo, but don't actually have the laser machine. It is a classic bait-and-switch. This is not only unethical and dishonest, but illegal. Again, this may not be the case with your surgeon, but you should at least ask.