NYC, LA, SF Bay Rhinoplasty Doctor Recommendations

I am just starting to think about Rhinoplasty, so I know very little. I live in Brooklyn but grew up in California, and so I would be willing to travel there for a great doctor. Looking for someone who listens, and understands that I still want a unique nose--no cookie cutter ski slope--just natural results, one that doesn't turn into a hook when I smile! Any recommendations for a great doctor?

+1

You have realistic expectations and natural should be the good with any good rhinoplasty. The ASPS website is a good starting point for qualified surgeons. Dr. Wendy-Ann Olivier and Dr. Anup Gheewala are possibilities. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons to understand your options. As you proceed with the consultation process, make sure the surgeon are listening to and understanding your objectives.

Natural Rhinoplasty Results

+1

"Natural" is the most important word in your question. After 30 years of doing this surgery we continue to see overdone noses. After your surgery, no stranger should ever know you had a rhinoplasty.

Pick the surgeon, not the location. If necessary, tolerate a little inconvenience to achieve a good result that will satisfy you for the rest of your life.

Do talk to several docs first

+1

Geography will not gurantee you a good result for rhinoplasty. There are terrific rhinoplasty surgeons in all corners of the USA and in between as well. Consider training, patient satisfaction, and cost.

Last year we had the pleasure of treating patients from 10 states and several foreign countries and one of the reasons is our price structure is more reasonable than NYC or West Coast, so consider all aspects of having the procedure completed.

Richard Gentile, MD
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Several Rhinoplasty consultations will help you decide which surgeon to choose.

+1

You have valid concerns, since there is no room for error in Rhinoplasty. You should consult several board-certified Rhinoplasty specialists with many favorable photos, before choosing. Computer imaging is very helpful in showing you how you'll look after surgery. I would keep my surgeon in the NY / NJ area unless you're moving back to CA. Frequent follow-up is important for the first year after surgery.

You appear to have a slightly long nose that is a bit large for your otherwise attractive appearance. Your surgery should be relatively straightforward in the right hands.

I've attached a link to my Rhinoplasty photos for your perusal.

Let me know if I could be of further assistance to you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

You need to spend the time to find the right doctor for you. You are not buying a commodity - you are hiring an artist / sculpture and need to be able to develop a communication link that will allow you to trust "your" eventual doctor to operate on you. There are way too many unhappy patient stories based on loose recommendations. Time for you to get to work - if you put the time in, you should have a good result no matter the town.

Michael Kulick, MD

Great rhinoplasties are available in NYC

+1

Going somewhere other than NYC for plastic surgery is like leaving Las Vegas to go gamble. Many of the best plastic surgeons in the World are in New York City. While I would be happy to evaluate you, and discuss your options, if you are comitted to surgery in SF, I would recommend my colleague Dr. Andrew Barnett.

However, for the type of surgery you are requesting you owe it to yourself to have at least a consultation with 1 or 2 NYC surgeons.

Darrick E. Antell, MD

I would recommend staying in New York

+1

Egyptx,

Generally, I would recommend that you find a board certified plastic surgeon in New York because you live here. It is much easier for follow-up visits instead of taking a plane to California. I generally follow up with my patients post rhinoplasty often and frequently for up to a year time. Also, if my patients have any questions post op, I encourage them to come in so that I can see them.

I would also recommend an ASPS member surgeon. In order to be an active member of the ASPS a physician has at least 6 years of training and experience in surgery with 3 years specifically in plastic surgery. They are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, they adhere to a strict code of ethics. They must have continuing education requirements, including patient safety techniques. And they will be your partner, working with you to achieve your goals.

Hope this helps.

Andrew Y. Kleinman, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Come back to NYC

+1

I am an experienced Plastic Surgeon with boards in both ENT and Plastic Surgery and I do a lot of noses. I will be glad to see you, discuss your problems and let you know what can be done for you. I try to specialize in natural noses. Come on in, the surgery is great in NY.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

See a rhinoplasty specialist.

+1

You might begin by going on line and look for a surgeon who does natural noses. You want to make sure the surgeon and you have the same taste, otherwise you will be disappointed. Look for someone who has been doing many noses for many years. Have him show you real patients that he has done--live, not photos.