Am I a good candidate for Liposuction? Which type? How much? (photos)
10 months ago
Hi, I work out 6-7 days a week but I can't seem to loose the tummy? Based on the pics, am I good candidate for lipo and if yes which type and what is the avg cost am I looking at?
Doctor Answers 3
Am I a good candidate for Liposuction? Which type? How much?
I would pick the best liposuction surgeon you can find, and let the surgeon choose what method works best for that surgeon.
Kenneth Hughes, MD
Los Angeles, CA
Have a question?
Ask a doctor
Want to lose tummy fat
Thank you for your liposuction question.
- Your photos suggest you are trim, fit and have a deposit of fat that is hard to diet away,
- This makes you an excellent candidate for liposuction,
- The best liposuction are the 'cold' techniques of standard suction or suction with microaire,
- The hot techniques (laser, ultrasonic) are more likely to burn your skin and will not improve your result,
- The cost in NY is higher than the national average which is $1000 - $1500 for one area, with variables depending on anesthesia and garment. Best wishes.
Example of an excellent candidate for liposuction.
From the photograph it appears as though you're generally fit and that the area of surplus fat is localized and covered with skin that is in good condition. I would judge you to be an excellent candidate for liposuction.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.