NYC Fraxel Doctor Recommendations

Hi Im in New york city area and I am trying to find a good fraxel treatment and if possible less than $1000 / session. Should I have it done by a dermatologist or only by a laser expert? Does fraxel work well on icepick scars? Does anybody have any recommendations? thank u guys

I recommend Roy Geronemus for Fraxel in NYC

+3

Hi Andy,

I would recommend Roy Geronemus, MD in NYC. Good luck and be well. Be careful about going for the lowest cost, sometimes you get what you pay for.

Good luck.

Dr. P

Get an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon for Fraxel

+1

Fraxel should be done by an experienced provider, knowledgeable about medical and surgical care of the skin, which could include a dermatologist or plastic surgeon, or a nurse or physician assistant who is directly supervised by one of these physicians.

Treatment prices do vary, and often they are more expensive in large cities because of the increased overhead cost. Ice pick scars are difficult to treat.

Some may improve enough with Fraxel, but some scars need to be revised first with punch grafts which are very tiny samples of your own skin, often harvested from behind the ear so it is not noticeable, and placed into the skin once the ice pick scar is removed surgically. Then after the grafts heal, Fraxel can be done to even out the texture.

Many patients with acne scars, who do not have punch grafts, find that multiple treatments, beyond the normal series of six, continue to improve the appearance of the scars.

Ronald Shelton, MD

I recommend Andrew Jacono for Fraxel in NYC

+1

I would recommend Andrew Jacono. He will give you an honest opinion about whether Fraxel is right for you and do a great job if it is.

Edward Buckingham, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon