Looking for a Doctor in NYC to Remove Silicone from my Lips. Advice?

I don't know exactly what I have in my lips, but suspect its silicone, because it stays for the past 6 years. I really want it removed. At least from my bottom lip.

Removing unwanted implants or injectables in the lips

+1

I would recommend trying to determine what was put into your lips if at all possible. It may affect the plan for removal. Was it an injection? Or implant?  If it was an injection, a doctor may be able to do a small biopsy of the tissue to Help determine what the substance is. 

Fillers with silicone

+1

I would encourage you to find out what was injected in the lips. If these injections were done by a lay person you may never know what was injected. Lay persons inject non-medical grade substances and can cause significant reaction. If it is silicone it would depend on the type of silicone , there are gels and oils of silicone. The reaction of the body is a foreign body reaction with granulomas and severe inflammatory reaction. One will not be able to remove all the material injected but can remove what is palpable, and the granulomas. There will be loss of volume of the lip and asymmetry. This will need to be corrected at a later stage with fat injections or dermal fat grafts and a scar though well hidden on the lip. scars are put at the junction of the wet and dry vermilion.  

Lip reduction surgery, or cheiloplasty, may improve the appearance of overcorrected lips.

+1

Lip reduction removes the internal, wet portion of your lip, along with asymmetries in some patients after biopolymer injection, and some may see improvement in their appearance. Downtime is around two weeks.

Feel free to re-ask your question with photos.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon