No Drainage After Abdominal Lipo?

Hello everyone, I had tumescent liposuction yesterday of abdominal/ love handles under local anesthesia. Incisions were left open for drainage. However I have had basically none !! There was some dampness yesterday but not even enough to redress the bandages. I have a small frame 5'8" 127 lbs so there wasnt an excess of fat to be removed. And I began drinking over a gallon of water a day since I got home so I have been using the bathroom alot. Does this have anything to do with it? Please help

No drainage after liposuction

+1

I would not be concerned if you do not have drainage from liposuction.  Usually after liposuction, your tissue hold on to the fluid.  Although you would notice tissue swelling, you  wouldn't see much drainage from the incision site.  You should wear compression garment and follow your plastic surgeon's postop instruction.

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsurgery.com

Drainage after liposuction

+1

Hi Lois, drainage following any lipo surgery can vary from patient to patient. It typically continues from 24-72 hours post procedure. Judging from what you have written there is no cause for alarm. I am sure any doubts you might have will be adequately addressed by your plastic surgeon in the first follow up itself. All the best.

India Plastic Surgeon

No Drainage After Abdominal Lipo?

+1

Nothing in your description sounds alarming. Always best to address specific concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_liposuction.htm

Liposuction and drainage

+1

Drainage after liposuction can be very variable. I personally like to close my incisons but there are some that leave them open.

Drainage after tumescent liposuction

+1

Drainage is quite variable after liposuction and if present usually stops after a day, assuming that no other procedures were performed.  Don't worry.

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Drainage after liposuction

+1

Sometimes there is drainage and sometimes not.  Some close the incisions and some leave them open  Both works.  I do not know why you had no drainage.  Possibly you were lucky.  Possibly not much tumescent fluid was used.  I suspect your analysis was correct in that you were small and had a small procedure.  Hopefully you will continue to do well.  My best ,  Dr C

Web reference: http://www.gcommonsmdplasticsurgery.com

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

Most of the time small amounts of liposuction does not necessarily need drains. It also depends on the amount of tumescent fluid infiltrated and the amount of aspirate.

Drainage after liposuction

+1

Drainage after liposuction is not always consistent. Some will have a lot, and some might not. Being thin, you probably did not require a greast deal of tumescent fluid. Plus, after surgery, many nurses will "roll" the treated tissue to remove excess fluid for your comfort. At your next appointment you might ask how much fluid was put in, and how much was removed. Your body will handle any excess fluid.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon