Day 2 Post Op from Tummy Tuck Lots of Pain Tightness in Belly and Pain Meds Don't Seem to Be Working?

Hi I am on hydro morphine 2 mg 2 pills they don't seem to alleviate the pain and the belly feels super tight today sore is this normal

Great Pains 2 Days after Tummy Tuck

+1

Any time one of my patients reports great pain after tummy tuck, I ask them to come into the office right away to be seen.  Always communicate with your plastic surgeon with these issues.

Discomfort on Post Op Day 2 Tummy Tuck

+1

Post op day 2 most patients have a fair amount of discomfort after a tummy tuck.  This is definitely normal.  I do have some patients for whom the standard pain regimen does not do the trick.  There are a number of combination pain regimens that I use in these cases that can make a big difference.  I would call your plastic surgeons office today and let him/her know that the pain medicine is not working and they can easily tweak your regimen.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

2 days post-op and still hurting?

+1

You should be communicating your concerns to your surgeon at this point.  This is not a question for a public forum and I hope you were able to get your concerns addressed expeditiously and that your symptoms are improving as they should with time.

Curtis Wong, MD

Pain Tightness in Belly and Pain Meds Don't Seem to Be Working

+1

Some degree of tightness and pain is the rule after TT. What defines "lots of pain" is quite subjective, and no surgeon on line can resolve this. Do call your surgeon who knows what was done and knows who you are. 

Nothing will completely alleviate the pain. The idea is to make it tolerable without knocking you out with the medicines.

Thanks, best wishes. 

Talk to your doctor

+1

I am sure your doctor did not do the surgery for free, call him and ask him. Only your doctor knows what was done to you and can advise your regarding your pain and tightness.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Pain after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Unfortunately,  tummy tuck surgery can be associated with significant discomfort especially for the first few days after the procedure. However, as online consultants, we are not able to provide you with any real reassurance that what you are experiencing is “normal”;  only your plastic surgeon will be able to do so.

For meaningful advice and/or reassurance please contact your plastic surgeon.

Best wishes for an uneventful recovery.

Tightness after tummy tuck?

+1

Hi Anna,

Thank you for your question.  It is normally to experience a lot of tightness in the belly after a tummy tuck.  The muscles and skin of a tummy tuck are tightened more than necessary at first because they loosen over the first few weeks.  If the tightness was 'just right' at surgery, then it would be too loose in a few weeks.  I commonly prescribe a muscle relaxant following tummy tuck.  You may ask your PS for this.  If there is another reason for the tightness, if there is bulging of the tissue, or redness, this is a reason to be seen immediately.  However, on the whole tightness alone is not a reason to worry.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon