Cellulaze--Left with Lump from Cool Sculpt, Will Cellulaze Help? (photo)

Hi-did Coolsculpt over a year ago and while it did help flatten my belly it also left me with an almost golf ball size lump. You can also see a dent above my belly button where too much fat disappeared. Because I am lean I am afraid to do lipo and possibly make things worse with lumps, dents, unevenness and all the other things I ready about. Do you think Cellulaze can help remove some of the fat and even things out a bit? Thanks

Cellulaze Laser Cellulite Reduction

+1

Hello. From looking at your photos I think it's unlikely Cellulaze would do much. It is effective for tightening and smoothing skin where it looks like you have a area of excess tissue causing what you don't like. If this is fat is should be easy to smooth it out in a minor office procedure. If it is scar tissue it can be a bit more difficult. Difficult to tell precisely from the photos but if you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in liposuction and body contouring you should be able to get a realistic idea of your options. Good luck!

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze not for lumps but for cellulite

+1

If you are seeking a treatment for true cellulite, consider Cellulaze.  Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Flattening the lump

+1

Though Cellulaze or SmartLipo may help to smooth the lump, as odd as it may sound, you may consider Coolsculpting for the remaining fat. Coolsculpting works well for isolated areas of fat and the area of concern may just have been missed in your previous treatment.  Another non-surgical technology you may consider for a discrete area of fat is Tru-Sculpt.  Tru-Sculpt utilizes heat from radiofrequency waves to diminish fat cells in a specific area.  For your best answer, consider a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that has experience with a multitude of technologies and techniques to address your concerns.

Grant Stevens, MD

Cellulaze will smooth the skin

+1

Cellulaze will help smooth out your skin. It is best to have a consultation with your surgeon to find the best option for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Lump solution

+1

Cellulaze is not the best solution for this indication.  Cellulaze is the gold standard for the reduction of cellulite.  For focal fat pockets like this, I would recommend you seek a consultation with a cosmetic plastic surgeon or a qualified cosmetic liposuction MD in your area.  Although there are risks associated with liposuction, this will be the best option for small pockets like this one, on your abdomen. 

As an alternative to surgery you can try some of the non-surgical body contouring treatments using RF (radio frequency).  Often this will shrink the volume of the fat cells in this area enough that it will be a satisfactory result for you.  Again, you must seek a consultation to assess if you are a candidate for this kind of treatment.  

Good luck!

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Coolsculpting does reduce the size of localized fat, but often leaves the skin uneven. Liposuction is your best solution.

+1

A skilled liposuction surgeon can help you.  This is not the best indication for Cellulaze.  Using micro cannulas, a skilled liposuction surgeon can remove a small amount of leftover fat.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon