I'm afraid I have nostril infection after primary rhinoplasty 4wks p/o. What are the chances of this happening? I am panicking.

I am 25 days post op & both of my nostrils are red inside and a bit tender, but the right one is much more narrow and swollen inside. The walls are very bright red, sore when I am cleaning w/ qtip & seem more lumpy. No fever/drainage. I noticed a bit of an odd smell that comes & goes (started yesterday) From R nostril when inhaling. I had a septorhino w/ turbs & NO IMPLANT, primary procedure. What are the chances of infection? I'm terrified & can't wait until Monday morning to call my surgeon!!!

+1

Infection is uncommon, but an exam by your surgeon is probably in order.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Rhinoplasty and infection

+1

It is not very common to have an infection after a rhinoplasty, but it certainly could happen. The best thing you can do is see your surgeon ASAP.

Nostril Infections After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very difficult to give you any specifics without photographs.

In general soft tissue infections are rare after rhinoplasty.

Sutures can sometimes cause irritation - so it is best that you see your plastic surgeon so he/she can evaluation your condition.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Infection after rhinoplasty

+1

It's impossible to tell on the internet. If something has changed or you are worried than I would contact your surgeon. Anything is possible.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/procedures/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty/

Nostril Infection

+1

It is very difficult to diagnose whether or not you have an infection based upon this description. However, the symptoms you are describing are all quite normal after a septorhinoplasty. If you feel worried, it is best to make an appointment with your surgeon to discuss a possible infection. If this is the case, there are preventative antibiotics that you can take to help reduce the risk of the infection.