Am I a candidate for breast augmentation/fat transfer to breast and abdominal lipo or should I lose weight first?

I'm 5'1 165lbs - A cup, 32 waist, 44" hip. I would like to get abdominal lipo and a breast enlargement. I was thinking about a fat transfer to the breast, but implants is a thought too. I know I should probably lose weight, but I feel quite comfortable with my size - I just prefer no stomach. Is breast augmentation/fat transfer to breast and abdominal lipo something I could be a candidate for or should I really lose weight first (how much)?

+1

I think that all of those items can be entertained at the same time.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Fat transfer to the breast

+1

Thank you for the question. Fat transfer from your belly to your breast might be a good option for you and such procedure can be done safely but first you must be evaluated by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who is experienced in performing these procedures and can give you detailed information specific to you. 

Best of luck...

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Fat transfer breast augmentation

+1
Dear Shopping, Fat transfer breast augmentation is becoming a more accepted and more effective procedure. There are some considerations that need to be discussed with your American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeon before proceeding. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Fat grafting or weight loss

+1

You should lose and maintain your ideal weight before undertaking surgery.  If you are comfortable at this weight, then a board certified plastic surgeon would have to determine the consequences of the liposuction--for example, if it left you with hanging abdominal skin, that would be far from ideal.  The jury is still out on the consequences of fat grafting to the breasts both in terms of the "take", mammography and degeneration.  I prefer to take a conservative approach rather than jumping on the next "new" gimmick.  Happy Holidays.  Dr K

Robert L. Kraft, MD