13 days post op Lower Face Lift. Is this swelling normal? It has a flower in the middle. (photos)

I had a lower facelift plus stem cells 13 days ago. My eyes (both the whites of my eyes and the skin around my eyes) turned blood red from the cells, as well as some areas around the mouth. All of that is disappearing rapidly, but what is concerning me is the swelling on one cheek. It is really bulky, and filled with fluid (but not blood). My surgeon looked at it, and said its ok, just needs some time. In the middle, you can see where the fluid is, since it is not bruised there. What do you think?

Looks Like a Hematoma

+1
Two weeks after surgery with the degree of swelling and bruising you demonstrate is very consistent with a hematoma. It should be drained. Note, that early aspiration of hematomas is sometimes difficult because blood clots do not aspirate well. However, after the second week from surgery, the clots start to liquify, making it easier to aspirate.

Is this swelling normal?

+1
At thirteen days postop, the level of bruising and swelling you have is more than usual. The fluid you feel may be a hematoma or a resolving hematoma. You should consult your surgeon and ask if it should be drained.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and stem Cells

+1
Based on the pictures posted and you feeling a fluid in the face then most probably you have a hematoma that needs to addressed ASAP.
As for the use of stem cells in face lift. This is purely marketing and is not based on science. At the present time we can not isolate stem cells in the office for use in surgery. To isolate stem cells one needs a huge laboratory and cell biologist working full time.
I hope you did not pay much for such unfounded procedure

Swelling in cheek

+1
an examination is necessary, but it looks like you have a collection of blood (hematoma) in your cheek and would recommend if correct, this gets removed. I would reschedule a visit with your surgeon.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Fluid in face after facelift

+1
Hi there, i looked at your photo's. I must admit, the first 3 days would be a bit more concerning to me as I would have drained the fluid to ensure it is not blood. 

If you still have that much swelling and fluid i would highly recommend visiting your surgeon again to ensure this does not need to be drained and that it is not a "hematoma" which is a collection of blood. 

I hope things work out for you, but you should most definetly get it checked. 

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon