Uneven Areola and Scars After Tuberous Breast Surgery Can Anything else Be Done? (photo)

2 years ago I had breast aug to fix tuberous breasts along with a in office procedure 4 months later on the RT breast to release tightness.I then had CC in the left breast & surgery to fix it.I developed what I've called "sticking" of the scar on this breast. My surgeon told me to let it heal and come back in 9 months.My apt is next wk & I'm just looking to go in with some knowledge! Along with the Left sticking my right areloa is much bigger then my left. Can anything else be done? thank u!

Revision of tuberous breast surgery

+1

Tuberous breast can be difficult to treat and revisions are not uncommon. Reviewing your pictures, I do believe that there are options to revise the widened scarring and difference in infra mammary folds. Ultimately, the decision is up to you and your physician based in your examination. 

New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after breast surgery

+1

are certainly valid one and hopefully your surgeon was open and up front with you about what can now be done to improve upon your results (which are not bad considering you started with tuberous breasts).  Its easy to shout from the bleachers but nothing beats being face to face with the issues.  If you don't like what your surgeon said, repost the recommendations with your photos and you can get better critiques.

Curtis Wong, MD

Revision breast lift

+1

A third procedure to revise your breast lift will probably address your concerns. It appears as though you have had some spreading of the left areolar complex. This can be revised.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Asymmetry after tuberous breast correction

+1

Treating tuberous breasts can be difficult and overall, your result may be very good considering what you started with. Without "before" photos its hard to say. You do have some asymmetry with the areola size, breast size, and level of the inframammary fold. All of these can be addressed with another surgery in an attempt to get closer to symmetry.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Areola and Scars After Tuberous Breast Surgery Can Anything else Be Done?

+1

Thanks for the detailed info and posted photos. You will need further surgery to continue to improve the results. I might try fat grafts to smaller side or implant exchange, I prefer the fat grafts since I note you have some areas of fat. As for uneven areolar I would do a donut lift with areolar reduction. Best of luck. The issue is in tuberous, asymmetric breasts it take usually more than ione operation. In your case you had post operative complications so the number of surgeries is increased. 

Tuberous breasts can be evntually fixed.

+1

Hi.

Looking at your pictures, it seems that the fold under your right breast is too low, that your right breast is somewhat larger, and that your left areola is wider.  These issues should be easily corrected with a modified breast lift.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Tuberous Breast Augmentation

+1

Your stuck scar is likely scar contracture and can loosen with time and scar massage.  If it does not resolve, that portion of the scar can be excised.  The left areola (dark part around your nipple) can easily be reduced with an outpatient procedure.  Good luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast issues

+1

Tuberour breast deformities can be tough to deal with. You may need further release. The areola reduction is a very easy procedure.

Scars after breast surgery

+1

Generally your look is quite pleasing.  Some women are more prone to scars that others, but usually they get better with time.  The right time to revise scars to get the best result, or adjust the size of the areola is when scars have faded, especially if you are scar prone. A "stuck scar" usually loosens with time, or may need to be released after enough time has passed, if still needed. After your scars have faded enough, your areola size may need to be adjusted.

Be patient and work with your surgeon.  Tuberous breast are very challenging and if you stick with it you will likely come out fine.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast revision

+1
Tuberosity is a very difficult condition to correct and sometimes requires more Han one revision. Areolae reduction and scar revision can certainly be performed as the next stage of correction.

Robert L. Kraft, MD