Slight Left Lung Pain is It Normal?

had BA 3 weeks ago, under the muscle saline 335cc, nipple incision. for couple of days now i feel a slight pain in left lung. my back also hurts but nothing unbearable from sleeping on my back and upright. should i worry? i do not have shortness of breath or chest pains. i am getting tired very soon though.breasts do not hurt just feeling heavy. i am going for my post op app on Thursday.

Chest/lung pain after bam

+2

Bring this up tomorrow at visit.  It sounds like you have pleurisy, which is just irritation of the lung linings and should resolve over time.  See if it is OK to use non-steroids at this point, as this is the treatment of choice.

sek

Chest pain after a breast augmentation

+2

Some degree of chest pain is not unusual following a breast augmentation.  Have your plastic surgeon examine you on your next visit.  There are several reasons for this type of pain such as spasm of the pectoralis muscle or irritation of the intercostal muscles.  I would expect this to improve over the next few weeks. The only other possibility is that of a pneumothorax.  To rule this out you would need a chest X ray.  

Pain after breast augmentation

+2

I agree with some of the other comments. There are many reasons why you may have pain after surgery however there are a few things that left untreated could be very serious. It would be your best interest to see your physician and determine if additional testing or imaging is necessary. I would rather see 1000 patients to make sure they're fine then to miss one patient who had PE.

Sorry my iPhone will not allow me to make corrections. 

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Slight left lung pain after augmentation!

+2

You could have muscular sorness, however the seriousness of lung (pluritic) or chest pains should prompt an immediate call to your surgeon or an ER visit. A dropped lung or pneumthorax is a known complication after implants as well as other terrible stuff such as a pulmonary embolus. Better safe than sorry.

Slight left lung pain after breast augmentation

+2

Congratulation on your breast enhancement. Left sided chest pain may be coming from a variety of sources and needs to be sorted out. Most likely it's coming from the ribs and/or the muscles. It's certainly possible to have nerve irritation. Rarely is the source of the pain coming from the lung itself but pneumothorax or pneumonia should be consider if your symptoms persists. A chest x-ray is simple and easy which will help sorting it out.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Pneumothorax is a rare reason for long pain after breast augmentation.

+2

With sub muscular placement of an implant particularly new very slight individual it is possible to violate the pleural space and introduce air around the lung. This may be experienced is pain in the shoulder blade or in the chest area with breathing. It should be check for the chest x-ray.

Lung pain?

+1

Lung pain should not occur after a routine breat augmentation. Yes, some muscle soreness and tightness of the breast tissue, but not lung pain. Lung pain raises alarms of a pneumothorax or pulmonary embolism at worst.  Best to be seen in ER.

Slight Left Lung Pain is It Normal?

+1

I agree with Dr. Johnson, better to be safe than sorry and get examined ASAP.  Hopefully this is just symptoms consistent with the surgery, and may just be referred pain, but PE can be fatal if left untreated.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon