Rhinoplasty: Does It Help to Know What You Want? (photo)

I have an idea of what kind of nose I'm looking to achieve through rhinoplasty. I want a small rounded button nose. Is it possible to make my ideas reality through surgery?

Very important to know what you want before rhinoplasty.

+2

Hi.

1)  The most important thing is to know what you want, and to make sure your surgeon understands what you want.

2)  The surgeon then has to decide if what you want is a good idea for you (in your case I think it is) and if it is doable in terms of your anatomy.  Of course you cannot put someone else's nose on your face, but your general expectations are doable.

Rhinoplasty: Does It Help to Know What You Want?

+2

Absolutely. The most important aspect of your consultation should be articulating what you want and ensuring that your surgeon is hearing you. Video imaging is a great tool to ensure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. This can also confirm that your surgeon believes that they can make the changes that you are seeking. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes, it does help if you have an idea of what you'd like the Rhinoplasty to accomplish, however an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon should be able to  discuss your best aesthetic options and what is possible with Rhinoplasty.

Know What you Want Before Rhinoplasty

+1

Knowing what you want is important.  The skin envelope will limit the results achievable, but you can get close to those noses.  The picture on the left is more realistic.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Does it help to know what you want in a Rhinoplasty?

+1

Yes, in fact its imperative. If the patient has a vague idea, then they often get a vague result. Maybe a result they don't like. Its not necessary to go into detail, in fact this often suggests a level of expectation that's impossible to achieve. But a few ideas are helpful. Both the patient and the surgeon need to have a common game plan. 

Oakley Smith, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Computer Imaging for Rhinoplasty

+1

I find that computer imaging is an invaluable technique for
communicating with patients the likely results they can anticipate with
rhinoplasty.  In order for you to be happy, it is critical that you have
realistic expectations.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic Rhinoplasty Realistic Expectations

+1

It's good to have an idea what you want and to have an "ideal goal." It is your surgeon's job to mesh your goals with what is realistic and safe. Honest computer imaging will help you to make your decision. Good luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and expectations

+1

I think that it is critical to have realistic expectations from a rhinoplasty and also be very clear about what you wuold like to achieve.  To give you a "button" nose will be impossible. Your s kin is very thick and your tip look very wide from the photo submitted. That being said, improvment can be achieved but an exam in person is essential.

+1

Thanks for the desired appearance photos and your photos. The concept of a realistic expectation is very important to understand. Only in person evaluations can give you the best answer to your concerns.