Can a Tummy Tuck Remove Most of my Stretch Marks and Give Me a New Belly Botton? (photo)

Will I be able to wear a two piece again? Also will i need to get a large incision. I am a 32 year old mother of three my wieght is 155lbs and i am 5'4 tall if that helps any and i would love to be able to walk on the beach with a two piece. DOCS!!!! Is this possiable and will the scar be thin and just above my pubic area.

Tummy Tuck and Stretch Marks

+2

Based on your photos, you should have an excellent result from a tummy tuck.  The stretch marks below the belly button area will be removed, and the ones above will be much lower. You should be able to wear a 2 piece swim suit after your surgery. 

Can a Tummy Tuck Remove Most of my Stretch Marks and Give Me a New Belly Botton

+2

A tummy tuck will provide many improvements including--

• removal of extra skin and fat
  • tightening the abdominal muscle layer
  • improving the navel
  • removing some of the stretch marks

An ellipse of skin from the navel to the pubic hairline will be removed. This will include probably two-thirds of the stretch marks that I can see on the abdomen, though none from the sides. 

Incision should be low and hidden by a two piece swim suit. Losing even 15 pounds would enhance your results. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Tummy tuck reality

+2

A tummy tuck can be done for you.  It will NOT remove any of the stretch marks above the belly button.  Also, while the scar will be made low it will pull up a bit.  As long as you are realistic you should be able to get a nice result and find acceptable bathing suits.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck and liposuction will be required for you.

+1

Thank you for submitting your question and photographs. You will get the best result if you reach your ideal weight or close to that before you plan your surgery.

The stretch marks below your belly button should be removed. To get the best result and improve your belly button you will need a full abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck. This will leave a larger scar then a mini Tummy Tuck. But you should be most concerned about having the procedure which will give you the best result.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck to Remove Stretchmarks

+1

You would do best with a full tummy tuck.  This will get rid of the stretchmarks below the belly button and possibly a few above the belly button.  Whatever stretchmarks are left will be much lower, and the scar can be concealed with a swimsuit.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy Tucks and Bathing Suits

+1

If a woman has a particular bathing suit she wants to wear after a tummy tuck, I have her wear it on the day of her surgery. That way I can place markings on her before her surgery to help design the operation to most optimally conceal her scars within the areas covered by her bathing suit. Ask the surgeon you visit with if this is an option. It is really helpful. Based on your pictures you are likely to have a terrific result from a longer incision tummy tuck. It won't remove all of your stretch marks but having a tighter, flatter abdomen with a belly button that is no longer concealed by extra skin tends to make women with these findings very happy, in my experience.

Kelly R. Kunkel, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

+1

You ask a two part question. And thanks for posting excellent photos. The answer to part two is yes your incision scar can be below bikini line. As for thinness that is more determined on your genetic wound healing. As for the stretch marks, as a rule I ONLY offer 50% removal. Especially in your case. Hope that helps. 

Tummy Tuck will improve but not removal all the stretch marks

+1

A tummy tuck will improve but not removal all of the stretch marks.  While not all the stretch marks will be removed, the stretch marks that remain will be position much lower on your abdomen and will be more easily concealed by clothing.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck for stretch mark removal and better belly button

+1

Your photos show the classic issues that a tummy tuck fixes that you can't accomplish on your own with diet and exercise: removal of localized fat, removal of skin containing stretch marks, and tightening the muscle separation that can occur (if necessary). The scar can be placed below the bikini line, and the belly button will have a scar but it should look good. Only the stretch marks below the belly button will actually be reomoved, but the remaining skin will be pulled tighter and smoother so the stretch marks that remain should be less obvious and easier to conceal with a spray tan.

Richard Baxter, MD

Go for the two piece

+1

You should have a great result. We use a very low scar and the belly button scar usually is inconspicuous. We also use a new long lasting local, so you have an almost painless recovery. Also your BMI is 26 which is good. Check out my web-site for some TT pictures. The stretch marks below your belly button will be gone, but those above will be moved down -- but still you should be much flatter and look terrific in a two piece.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD