Is it okay that my neck is very hot lumpy and extremely painful, 6 days after necklift and chin lift?

The sutures seem very red and sore as well.

+1
Some pain, though mostly discomfort, can be expected after a necklift. This should not worsen after 6 days and what you are describing seems to be beyond the typical amount of discomfort experienced. I recommend talking with your plastic surgeon regarding your symptoms. 

Pain after necklift surgery

+1

Some discomfort and swelling is normal after facelift or necklift surgery. Typically swelling is at its height 48 to 72 hours after surgery. Most patients feel more of a sensation of tightness rather then pain and this will typically improve as the swelling goes down. Pain and swelling that is worsening 6 days after surgery is concerning, especially if it is associated with redness and warmth. It would be best to contact your surgeon to discuss your symptoms and evaluate whether you have an infection.

Jessica Kulak, MD
Fairfax Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pain after necklift

+1

Normally, some discomfort and swelling are to be expected; however, what you are describing may be indicative of an infection and you should be evaluated by your surgeon as soon as possible. I would contact him or her now. Best of luck.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD