Areola After Breast Lift? (photo)

I'm worried about my nipples. I had a breast lift 11days ago. I have been bleeding from 2 sites from my right breast. I have it covered with gauze and every time I remove it pieces of my areoles (skin) comes off with it. I am so concerned. My nipple is also inverted on this side. On my left side, the areola is sticking to the gauze as well but nit as much because the sealant that the my PS used is still on it. However around the areola is bunched up. My doctor said it looks fine but I am worried.

Areola After Breast Lift?

+2

i understand your concerns But very very early in the hireling process. Allow a full 3 months of healing to allow the scars to form and the swelling to fully decrease. As for the dressing try TELFA pads. 

Gently wound care is needed now.

+2

Thank you for your photos.  Your description makes me think the areolar are slightly congested due to the surgery and the very top layers of skin may peel off like a blister.  As long as the deeper tissues have a good blood supply this initial concern will heal well over time and with gentle skin care to the area.  After 11 days it is unlikely any further tissue problems will occur as long as the area is kept clean so the tissues can heal well.  Be sure to follow up frequently with your plastic surgeon.

Areola After Breast Lift?

+1

Dear Young, 

Thank you for your question and photo.  I answered your later question first so have the benefit of seeing what happened.  Continue to see your plastic surgeon until fully healed.

PAblo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Early in the healing process after a breast lift

+1

You are still very early in the post operative healing process.  Your skin has the ability to stretch and conform to the new breast shape.  Given time you may be surprised at the final result.  

Areola congestion

+1

Only your board certified plastic surgeon can answer this question. The best looking areolas sometimes eventually look bad, and the worse often look good a few months later. If your surgeon says they are fine, then you should rest assured they are fine. If you're still concerned have him or her send you to another surgeon to reassure you.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Areola after breast lift

+1

The areolae can undergo a lot of changes over the first month or more.  Try to be patient as likely all of what you are describing  will resolve.

Breast lift procedure and bundling of the skin

+1

The approach taken requires bundling of the skin on the lower pole of the breast. Allow the swelling to subside and you will see improvement in the shape and contour of the breasts. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles