How Long Before my Bellybutton Don't Look Nasty? (photo)

It's been five months since my tummy tuck my bellybutton Looks gross And my right boob still has a Stitch Hanging out And a Like black scab My doctor said it will dissolve but it's been five months

Concerns after Mommy Makeover Surgery?

+1

Hard to see what you are referring to as “nasty”. Best to address these concerns and the remaining stitch with your plastic surgeon in person.

How Long Before my Bellybutton Don't Look Nasty?

+1

Navel looks ok, but the photo is so close up I can't put it in perspective. For example, if the navel is too large or too small in your opinion, I couldn't tell on these photos. 

As to the suture, if your surgeon won't remove it, you can safely cut at as close to the skin as you can. All the best.

Belly button after tummy tuck

+1

Hi tobig

1. Your remaining stitch needs to be removed or clipped. Your plastic surgeon or their staff should be able to sort that out in a few minutes.

2. Your belly button looks ok at the moment. It is really tough to predict who will get ok belly buttons and who will get awesome ones. I always tell my patients it will be different, not necessarily better or worse. Some of my belly buttons that are awesome at 1 year were the ones that battled for the first few weeks to months. Continue your scar management and let nature do it's thing - you are likely to be pleasantly surprised.

Good Luck

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Gavin Sandercoe, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

+1

Hello

Your belly button looks fine for 5 months.  it is a little constricted however is OK.  The redness is just scar healing and again this will improve with some time and massage.  In terms of the stitch hanging out, you should see your surgeon or nurse and have it removed.

Regards

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

+1

The belly button looks fine . there is some color change but I think that is how it will be.As for the suture hanging from your breast  5 months after surgery is not acceptable. See you surgeon it takes two second to trim