Is fluid normal in my back post lipo?

I had lipo in my abs, flanks, back and armpits. My PS placed me in a high back mid thigh compression garment. I feel fluid at times in my lower back and it gets tight in that area. Stretching helps a bit and when I take the garment off my skin feels relieved. Skin is plushy my skin bounces back when touched. I am only 7 days post op and hesitant to aspirate so quickly as there are pros/cons,prefer my lymphs to work. I had surgery abroad so followup is difficult so I appreciate any insight.

Seroma.

+1
It sounds like you have a seroma, these should be aspirated as quickly as possible to avoid permanent changes.  Please consult a Plastic Surgeon for an assessment as soon as possible.
All the best!
Dr. Tony Perkins
New York, NY

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Fluid in your back after Liposuction?

+1
It is impossible to know if what you are experiencing is normal swelling or a fluid collection.  A fluid collection should be drained as soon as possible to prevent it from becoming a chronic problem. The obvious response is that you should see your plastic surgeon for a thorough follow-up to know exactly what is going on. Since you had this surgery abroad, this may be difficult for you but not impossible.  If you need to see a plastic surgeon in your area, you may have a hard time finding someone because as you can understand, none of us want to inherit someone else's complication.  If you find someone willing to treat you, you should expect to pay for each visit and any procedures that need to be done and will significantly reduce (or even erase) any savings you had by traveling abroad for the surgery.

Matthew Schulman, MD

There is peril in having surgery done abroad.

+1
I can't tell from your description if you have a specific problem. This would best be addressed by visiting the surgeon who performed the procedure. Having the operation done abroad returning to this country obviously makes it impossible.

Fluid in the lower back

+1
That fluid represent a seroma,  that means a pocket of fluid that needs to be removed with a syringe (probably more than once) or place a drain. If seroma is not removed, that area will create a "wall" or a capsule and the skin will not be attached to the muscle and remain loose.
Attend your doctor ASAP.
Dr. Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon