Blepharoplasty Surgery to Enlarge Wide Set Eyes? (photo)

I am an Asian female with wide set eyes, which makes me feel like they look small and awkward on my face. I was wondering if blepharoplasty surgery would help enlarge my eyes, and if I had ptosis? Thank you.

Asian eyelid surgery (be careful what you ask for)

+2

morning pinky

thanks for the inquiry. As some of the other surgeons mentioned you do have a very nice set of eyes with a very subtle attractive crisp fold. I think fit what you may be looking for is to enhance the fold on perhaps the medial half or inside half of your upper eyelids. If we admitted a dinner party or you are my sisters friend asking me about it I might say don't do anything. However if you're looking for something very specific with respect to changes to your crease most of the time in experienced hands they can be delivered effectively and safely. The only real room for change that I see in your eyelids is to enhance the crease very subtly by raising it and extending it immediately to have more of a parallel configuration. This would probably be best done within incision method. In the video that is attached no notice that some of the surgeries did not change the shape of the patients eye or the size but created the illusion that the shape or size it changed by extending the crease in towards the inside corner. I am not, repeat not, suggesting you have a medial epicanthoplasty. I rarely recommend that to patient because that is a procedure that is fraught with complications and scarring that can take months to years to go way. Some patients are great candidates but you do not have to literally cut the inside corner of the eye to make the I look bigger in the crease look a little better.

Final comment. Very beautiful set of eyes you have there.  You can make some small changes that will look nice but, DO NOT allow an inexperienced surgeon to operate on you and change you to dramatically for the rest of your life.

I hope that was helpful

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not a good idea

+2

You have very attractive asian eyelid, with a natural crease. Changing the crease or removing the skin will not make your eyes any larger.

Ptosis repair [raising the eyelids] could make your eyes larger, but it will make you look unnatural.

If I were your surgeon, I would recommend against surgery at this time in your life.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

You don't have ptosis.

+2

You have a beautiful double fold.  It is possible that it could be enhanced with very subtle double fold surgery but you should proceed with caution and find a true master of the craft if you decide to go forward.  Less is more.

+1

Blepharoplasty for the Asian eyelid will improve the appearance of your eyes and will create an eyelid crease which you do not have, but it will neither "enlarge" your eyes, nor will it change your interpupillary distance, that is the distance between your eyes.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS