Belly Button - Swelling or Seroma? (photo)

Do you think my belly button looks alright after 3 weeks TT? The puffiness inside is swelling? Seroma? Or is going to stay like that forever. I wish normal navel. I am going to see my PS Set,24. But I want a second opinion...

Welling of the belly button after tummy tuck is very common

+1

Thank you for your question. Always discuss your concerns with a plastic surgeon who performed your operation.

That said swelling of the belly button is very common after tummy tuck. From your photographs it appears that this is normal swelling and your case.

Belly Button - Swelling or Seroma?

+1

Appears as residual skin but could be swelling. Allow 3 to 6 months of healing than decide with your surgeon the diagnosis //

No diagnosis by photos

+1

and you should simply let your surgeon know of your concerns.  If it doesn't resolve with healing, revisions can always be done to improve outcomes.  So know your surgeon's revision policy as well.

Curtis Wong, MD

Belly Button - Swelling or Seroma?

+1

This appears normal at this point in your recovery. All belly buttons swell and heal very slowly because of limited blood supply. Wait 6 months and then you can have a revision if needed.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Umbilical shape after an abdominoplasty

+1

For three weeks after surgery your umbilical shape and degree of swelling appears normal. In another 3 months then should settle down.