Flabby Tummy After Full Tummy Tuck With Lipo, Do I Need a Revision?

i've always had stretch mRks on my stomach n i have no kids...i had a full tt w/ lipo 4 mos ago and i think im getting new stretch marks bcuz its very sore in tht area n my tummy is very loose and flabby esp wen sitting...will my stomach ever be flat and tight? I had seroma as well is this the reason? Will it snap back tight to before I had the seroma ?do I need a revision?

Flabby tummy after full tummy tuck

+1

Hi.  I need to see your pre and postop photos in order to comment.  Without examining you in person, I cannot tell whether you would need revision surgery.  You should talk with your plastic surgeon regarding your concerns.

+1

There will be a subset of patients who may benefit from an additional weight loss, additional skin excision, and additional liposuction.  Pictures or an exam would be necessary to determine what should be recommended.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy Tuck Revision?

+1

This is a difficult question to answer and would be challenging even if you did include photos.  A plastic surgeon would need to examine you standing up, sitting down and from all angles, plus evaluate your skin quality, to give you input about your surgical results.  It would also be most helpful to have your first surgeon's operative notes to understand exactly how your procedure was performed.  You are still in the final stages of healing, but it is potentially troubling that you are still sore.  (The seroma is probably not a factor, especially if it resolved fairly quickly.)

Have you visited your plastic surgeon and voiced your concerns?  That would be a great first step.  You might arrange that visit plus a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon (or two) who is very experienced in body contouring and can give you an objective opinion.  At that point you would be better equipped to make some decisions.

Elliot Jacobs, M.D.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD

You should expect a lot of improvement with tummy tuck.

+1

Hi.

In part, it is about expectations.  Maybe you have a lot of improvement, but you were expecting more.  Usually you can get a flat stomach.  Nothing will change after four months.  Talk to your surgeon, and get two other opinions.  The only valid end point of cosmetic surgery is a happy patient.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Abdominoplasty revision

+1

Really need an physical examination or photographs to understand the extent of your problem and to make any suggestions regarding revision of your abdominoplasty.  

Revision Tummy Tuck

+1

Hi SocialButterfly27,  Before I think any of the plastic surgeons can truly answer your question, I would like to request that you resend your question but also include a few photos.  The photos that would be most helpful are a upright photo from the front on your abdomen, a side view with you in the upright-standing position, and then a side photo with you flexed at the waist around 30 to 45 degrees.  the photos should be from the bottom of your breasts to below the pubic line in order to judge the results and issues you are concerned about.  Thanks for the question and look forward to the revised question soon. 

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Skin is tightened very effectively with a tummy tuck but still may have lost some tone.

+1

Of course, photos would be helpful.  Remember, a tummy tuck removes extra skin but does not restore its elasticity.  If you are tight when you stand up, you probably would not need a revision.  However, if you are loose even when standing, you probably could benefit from another tuck.  Not sure whether the seroma is a factor here.  Probably not.  Photos would help me determine whether you might benefit from a revision.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon