Need Advice/insight on What to Expect for a Round 2 Brazilian Buttlift Procedure?

Need some expert advice and insight on what to expect for a second bbl...are the results much better the second time around? Is there more impending issues because of scar tissue? is recovery more painful than the first surgery? drains used again? more risks for second time or same risks as first time? Pls help

Brazilian Buttlift Revision

+4

If you have additional fat stores, the Brazilian buttlift can be performed again.   I typically liposuction 5 liters and transfer 1200 to 1500 cc per buttock, but this can be modified based upon your goals.  Please find a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlift procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Second Brazilian Butt Lift

+3

A second Brazilian Butt Lift should not be much more painful than the first.  The use of drains will depend upon surgeon preference.  I do not use them.  The risks should be no different than your first operation.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Round 2 Brazilian Buttlift Procedure

+2

The results will depend primarily on how much fat you have to harvest the second time around.  Swelling and pain will vary if you are harvesting from the same areas as the first time, depending on how much fat and scar tissue you have.  Best to be evaluated by your surgeon and address these questions!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Revision brazilian butt lift

+1
I do not customarily use drains for a brazilian butt lift. Some surgeons do use them and I think it depends more on the liposuction device used.  I do not find that my patients usually suffer from a lot of pain after these procedures.

BBL round 2

+1

Thank you for your question, when having a Brazilian Butt Lift for the second time you will be more prepared since you have experienced it previously, you will know how much pain to expect, and how to take care of your drain like the first time you had it done.
Al though every surgery is different, patients regularly feel the same amount of pain or less since they already know what to expect from their surgery. Since your buttocks already has some projection form your previous Brazilian Butt Lift your results will be more pronounced the second time around, achieving a rounder projection and more volume.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Ask your doctor

+1

I assume you are paying a plastic surgeon to do this -- thus ask them. It is their duty to fully inform you before any procedure as to the risks, complications and alternatives and what you can expect.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD