Chin and Lip Augmentation Candidate? (photo)

A Dr. recently said I would be a good candidate for a chin implant and lip implants/augmentation. I added pictures for feedback and a second opinion on if I would benefit from both procedures. Also, what is the best option for lip augmentation, filler or implants? Thank you for your time.

Chin and lip augmentation candidate?

+2

Looking at your photos, it appears you would be a good candidate for both a lip augmentation and chin implant. It's best to avoid any permanent fillers for the lips, as there are complications that may arise. I would recommend Juvederm for the lips. It is very soft, and yields a great looking and natural result. Chin implants generally yield a fantastic result, and I think you would be really happy with the outcome. From here, I would recommend a consultation with an experienced facial plastic surgeon. He/she may use computer imaging software to give you an idea of how the final result may appear. The morphed image that is generated can also serve as a fantastic communication tool between you and your prospective surgeon, and allow you to make suggestions to him or her so you may obtain the best possible outcome. Thank you and I hope this helps!

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com

Nonsurgical Lip & Chin Augmentation Improve Facial Contours and Profile

+2

Thin lips may result from a family trait or, more commonly, from age-related loss of volume--a process that gives rise to so-called "pencil-shaped" lips. Happily the lower lip pout and proper lip proportions (upper lips two-thirds of the lower lips) can be restored easily these days nonsurgically with the use of fillers.My favorite for this purpose is Restylane L for restoring pout and projection,  owing to its superior lifting capacity. and for defining the philtrum and Cupid's Bow when necessary. I find Juvederm UltraXC to be best for defining lip borders and the white roll.

Nonsurgical chin augmentation using volumizing fillers is a safe and effective way for dealing with a congenitally receded chin or chin recession related to age related bone loss or even irregularities that may result from surgical chin implants. It also works well for smoothing out "cottage cheese" dimpling of the chin, especially when combined with the use of a neuromodulator, such as Botox, Dysport or Xeomin..

For this region, I prefer the combination of Radiesse, a calcium-based volumizing agent, and Restylane SubQ, a robust hyaluronic acid volumizing agent for nonsurgical chin augmentation. Radiesse is known to stimulate neocollagenesis (native collagen production), which is an added plus of this agent, and Restylane SubQ gives remarkable lift.

Atlhough I routinely use Restylane SubQ in my practice in Israel, it is unfortunately not yet available in the United States  In my Upper East Side NYC practice, for chin augmentation, I combine Radiesse with Perlane L (another member of the Restylane family of products). Occasionally, I also use Juvederm Voluma when there is a greater need for contouring as opposed to lift and projection. Voluma, too, is not available in the U.S., where I substitute Juvederm UltraPlus XC when neeeded.

Web reference: http://YoungerLookingWithoutSurgery.com

Chin and Lip Augmentation Options

+2

You would be a good candidate for both chin and lip augmentation. For the lips, I would have injectable fillers done first to determine how you like the changes as an initial trial. You can then decide thereafter whether you would like to pursue something more permanent like lip implants or continue with the injections. The chin is more straightforward given that the only really good option is an implant. Have some computer imaging done to determine how much horizontal chin projection you desire as well as how the width changes in the frontal view.  

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/chin.html

Lip Augmentation / Chin Implant

+2

From the photos it appears as if you would be a great candidate for both.  Lip implants give a very smooth and natural appearance.  They come in different sizes and are custom ordered for your lips.  While the implants are permanent, they are reversible.  If you want to see what a chin and lip implant would do to enhance your appearance, you may want to try a temporary filler first to see what the effect would be before having implants put in for a more permanent solution.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/about-us

Chin and Lip Augmentation

+2

I think a chin implant would be a good contour change for your anatomy. When done properly with the right size and shape implant for your face they look quite nice. Never, never, never put an implant in the lips other than filler injections or fat grafting.

Chin implant for receded chin.

+2

Chin implant for receded  chin is the best choice for your chin. Lips can be filled with fat which I have used for 35 years without a complication. 

Chin augmentation and lip augmentation

+2

thank you for the question on the photos

You are a good candidate for both. My general recommendations if you're considering Chin or lip augmentationwould be to try filler first because this is reversible. However, if you're very sure that you want to make a more permanent change and you're ready to take that step toward surgery thena chin implant with a lateral extension two augment and highlight your jawline with moderate projection forward to get the chin to be even with your lower lip would be good. You can do this under local anesthesia and for the most part I recommend placing the implant via and external incision under the chin. The only reason for this is that it tends to have fewer complications and less risk of infection. For your lip my preferred implant is the Permalip silicone implant. There are 3 to 4 different sizes and they are very soft and look very natural and feel very natural as well. This also is placed easily under local anesthesia and the good thing about this type of lip implant is that it can be removed easily and does not adhere to the tissue around it so the risk of infection is very low and again it's easy to remove.

I hope that is helpful

Chase Lay, MD

Web reference: http://chaselaymd.com/Chin_Implant.php

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Based on the very limited info and photos posted I recommend again implant. I use fillers first in lip augmentation. Best to seek ij person opinions vs over the internet opinions. 

Lips and Chin implant

+1

Lips are best augmented with fillers such as restylane and juvederm.  Permanent implants in the lips do no do well long term.  A chin implant is a bony augmentation of the chin and gives the appearance of a longer jawline.  Chin implants are made of Silastic and come in different sizes and shapes .  They are placed thru a small incision under the chin and can be performed under local anesthesia.  

Web reference: http://chincheekimplantsseattle.com