Nutraluxe Lash MD Vs Latisse

I purchased Nutraluxe Lash MD hoping to grow out my lashes and make them fuller. I was told the ingredient Prostaglandin I.C. that is in Nutraluxe (its the very last ingredient listed however) will help follicles reach their full potential. I purchased Nutraluxe because it was onl $55 compared to Latisse for $120. I was told I would get comparable results. Is this true? I am 45 years old. I have NO bottom lashes and my top lashes I would rate as average on fullness and length.

Latisse is the only eyelash growth product that is proven to be safe and effective

+1

Eyelash growth products fall into two categories.  Those that work and those that don't.  The ones that work have a potent effect on your body (think about it, it makes your hair grow).  Anything that effective can have positive effects, and negative effects.  Latisse, and its identical twin glaucoma drop, Lumigan, have been used by doctors for literally millions of patient years (years used by each patient x number of patients).  It has been the subject of thousands of research papers.  Finally, Latisse has gone through rigorous testing and has been approved as safe and effective by the FDA.  There is no other product on the market that can make that claim.

This is a product that is placed very close to the eye and inevitably some of it will end up in your eye.  Don't take a chance on anything that is not truly proven to be safe.

If you were a memeber of my family I would tell you that you have two reasonable choices.  Use Latisse, or just live with your lashes as they are.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Latisse vs Other OTC Products

+1

Latisse is a prescription-only solution that has been scientifically proven to stimulate the growth of eyelashes. Many studies have been done to prove its effectiveness using unbiased observers. At present, Latisse is the only FDA approved treatment for growing eyelashes. If you look at the web site for Nutraluxe Lash MD it says "The essential peptides, vitamins and botanicals help condition and improve flexibility, while strengthening and replenishing your lashes and brows, to prevent breakage and improve shine". Does this sound like scientific proof or simply unproven claims? Unfortunately, the FDA has little control over companies making claims such as these.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon