Is Numbness Normal with Fraxel Restore ?

Its been 7 days since my fraxel restore treatment. I went through the expected peeling but a new side effect that I had not heard of. I have developed severe numbness on several locations on my face: my forehead, around eyes and jaws. I noticed it when I had the sensation that my faced itched--when I scratched it I realized it is totally numb. Is this normal? How long until it goes away?

NUmbness After Fraxel restore Laser

+1

Hi 50ish,

It is not normal to be numb on the face after Fraxel restore treatment.  Contact your physician for evaluation.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Numbness seven days after Fraxel is not normal

+1

did you have anesthetic blocks to the face prior to the Fraxel? It is not normal to have numbness this long after Fraxel. See your doctor and ask if they know why you have developed this.

Ronald Shelton, MD