Numbness and Itching After Smart Lipo Triplex on Forearm

I had smart lipo triplex touch up on my upper arms yesterday. Today, left arm is fine but the underneath side of my right forearm (lower arm)is numb and itches like crazy. The top of the forearm and hand is fine. I called Dr's office and the girl said not to worry sometimes the fluid travels or could be from swelling. Is this normal?

Numbness that is temporary can happen after liposuction

+1

patchy numbness is not uncommon as is tingling or sensitivity after liposuction. Usually these symptoms go away after a while, but that could be weeks to months. If a nerve is irritated then the distribution of that nerve's pathway may feel weird for a while. See your doctor and they should evaluate your symptoms and see if treatment with some medication may help reduce inflammation.

Numbness and Itching after smartlipo liposuction are probably due to swelling and inflammation

+1

Numbness and Itching after smartlipo liposuction are probably due to swelling and inflammation. Other problems such as nerve damage also usually resolve but comments like "don't worry" are never appropriate.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Numbness and itchiness after smart lipo

+1

Some numbness cna occur after liposuction.  AS for itching, it can be may different thiings including an allergic reaction. You should see your doctor if you have a problem.

+1

As a training doc for Smart Lipo I wonder why you had this upon your "forearm"? But in any regards your issues will decrease over the next few weeks. From MIAMI