Numbness on flanks and tummy after liposuction? When will it go away?

I'm 4 weeks after tumescence Lipo. I feel my stomach and flank area numb. I would like to know when it would go away. Thanks!

Numbness after liposuction

+1
Numbness of the skin after liposuction is common. It may take 3-6 months before you feel sensation in this area.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS,FACS

Numbness following liposuction?

+1
  • It is not uncommon to experience numbness in the area where liposuction has been performed. In my experience this can take between three and six months to resolve. It is not unusual to feel sensations of burning tingling itching or lightning in these areas until they gradually resolve over time. If these symptoms are increasing you may want to check with your surgeon regarding his recommendations.

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Side effects of Lipo

+1
Thank you for your question. Side effects such as minimal bruising, swelling and numbness are normal to experience after Smartlipo. Please be patient with your results as it can take up to 6 months to see a final result. In the meantime please follow-up with your doctor to make sure you are healing properly.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Numbness after liposuction

+1
Numbness is normal after liposuction. It usually takes 3 to 4 months to go away after the procedure.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

+1
This will almost always go away. In part, this is due too the trauma and bruising in the area. There is no harm in having it checked out by your surgeon, to put your mind at ease. Good luck.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS