Numbness in my Right Arm After Liposuction

Three weeks ago I had undergone a lipo on multipple areas such as arms,back, stomach, and around the waist with the following fat graftiong to the buttocks area. Everything went great however since that I feel permanent numbness in my right hand around wrist and ring finger and pinky finger. I have been wearing a gardle(garment) for almost 3 weeks already and the numbness gets worst at night time. I must slip on my stomach for 2-3 months. Can somebody tell me if the numbness will go away?

Numbness after Liposuction

+2

Unfortunately, there is no way to know how long the neurologic symptoms will persist. If your plastic surgeon is concerned,  a neurology consult ( with possible and nerve conduction studies)  may be indicated.

Numbness after liposuction

+2

I would discuss this with your surgeon. It could be due to surgical trauma or to the compression garment. Cessation of garment wear would be my first recommendation if approved by your surgeon. Commonly this will resolve with time but observation and follow up is important.

Numbness after liposuction

+1

You might have already seen a neurologist. If not, you should. The neurologist would be best to discuss the prognosis of sensation return having examined you. There can be months to years for sensation to return so there is hope.

Ronald Shelton, MD