Numbness and Super Sensitivity After Smart Lipo?

I had smart lipo on upper and lower abs 6 weeks ago the skin is still slightly numb but super sensitive to clothing moving across it. How long does it normally take for this to away?

Recovery following Smart Lipo

+2

Following smart lipo it is not unusual to experience numbness and hypersensitivity over the areas that were liposuctioned.  The numbness and sensitivity will resolve over time but it may take several months.  Massaging the areas with a moisturizer can help speed the recovery.  Best wishes.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Numbness and Hypersensitivity 6 Weeks after Liposuction

+1

Numbness and hypersensitivity 6 weeks after liposuction is not terribly uncover.  Massaging to desensitize the areas can be effective.  The numbness usually resolves over a several month period and becomes less bothersome and noticeable to the patient.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Numbness is expected after Smartlipo, hypersensitivity is less common

+1

I have done thousands of Smartlipo treatments and almost everyone describes some numbness in the skin.  This goes away as the area heals and the swelling decreases.  It is usually gone in three months and isn't too bothersome if people know to expect it.  Hypersensitivity is less common and happens only about 20% of the time.  Very rarely, an area can be so hypersensitive that a person is in significant pain and can't do normal activities.  If that is the case, there are medicines, both pills and creams that can help return the area to normal much more effectively than moisturizers.  Your plastic surgeon can help with this.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Numbness after #SmartLipo

+1

it is common to experience altered sensation after SmartLipo. this feeling usually subsides after a few weeks. in my experience the sensation reverts back to normal within 6 weeks but if its still ongoing I would recommend you consult with your surgeon.  

Misbah Khan, MD

Smart Lipo side effects

+1

It is perfectly normal to be sensitive after having Smartlipo. The numbness and sensitivity will subside after a few weeks. Be patient!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Numb

+1

What you are experiencing is typical of most patients, Each case is different but, I think you will see these symptoms disappear in a few weeks.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD