Numbness and a Lump After Chin Lipo? (photo)

done my double chin lipo a week ago its numb and I notice a hard lump appear on the rigth side of my neck...is it normal?

Lump needs to be evaluated by your surgeon

+2

Likely it is a lymph node that responded(swelled) to the "trauma" of the procedure, however, it can sometimes represent a fluid collection--which can be treated. Have your surgeon evaluate it. The numbness and firmness in the liposuctioned area is expected. Give it time, it will improve.

Folsom Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post procedure Lipo

+1

Thank you for posting a picture. Submental Smartlipo will take a few weeks to fully heal, you will have minimal bruising and swelling through the process. The numb feeling will eventually subside, this is completely normal. Follow up with your surgeon during your healing process.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Chin liposuction and complications - Santa Monica

+1

This is not a common presentation after liposuction of the chin and should be managed closely as it may be a lymph node or hematoma.

Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS