2 weeks post op, I have numbness after Cheek Implants. Is this normal?

I just had cheek implants almos 2 weeks ago. It was through an intra oral incision. The left side of my lips and lower cheeks are numb. and it doesnt move as much as the right side.. like when i smile, the right side of my lips becomes thin cuz im smiling and the left side just stays relaxed.. is this normal.. too early...

You should definitely talk to your surgeon

+3

You should definitely talk to your surgeon about this. A common scenario after cheek implants is some temporary interruption of function of the infraorbital nerve. If the nerve is merely bruised or inflamed, function usually recovers over weeks to months as healing continues.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon