Can numbing cream impact the effectiveness of EMATRIX?

I had my 2nd session today. Numbing cream (lido + tetra?something) was applied for 45 minutes and I was asked to wash it off in the restroom. There was no hot/warm water so the ice cold water made it really hard to take off the numbing cream but I did the best I could. It's now 4 hrs post treatment and I have very defined areas on cheeks that look as though I was never treated w/ ematrix. My cheeks have the grid marks but only in certain spots so I'm worried the laser/RF didn't penetrate appropriately.

EMatrix and Numbing Cream

+1
Topical numbing cream is typically applied prior to EMatrix to make the treatment more comfortable.  The cream is washed off and the skin is cleansed with alcohol so that the oils are removed from the skin.  The EMatrix is very sophisticated in that it will notify the technician if a pulse is not delivered properly.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Numbing cream before eMatrix

+1
The numbing cream will have no effect on the results. After you cleansed your face your technician should have cleaned your face again with a specific type of alcohol to "degrease" the face. If this step wasn't done, then yes, that could have serious impact on results as it's 100% necessary to remove the face of all oils, creams, soaps, etc. before the treatment is performed. The pattern will be more evident in some areas due to the fattiness of the skin and dependent upon which settings were used where.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD