Can numbing cream impact the effectiveness of EMATRIX?

I had my 2nd session today. Numbing cream (lido + tetra?something) was applied for 45 minutes and I was asked to wash it off in the restroom. There was no hot/warm water so the ice cold water made it really hard to take off the numbing cream but I did the best I could. It's now 4 hrs post treatment and I have very defined areas on cheeks that look as though I was never treated w/ ematrix. My cheeks have the grid marks but only in certain spots so I'm worried the laser/RF didn't penetrate appropriately.

Skin prep before eMatrix

We use a lidocaine tetracaine topical cream and use an alcohol based wipe to cleanse the skin of all oil based products before the eMatrix procedure is done for best effectiveness.