Number of Fraxel Treatments for Best Results on Acne Scars?

What is the maximum number of Fraxel treatments/sessions I should get to obtain the best results for my acne scars? My nurse/doctor said minimum of 4, but maybe 5 or 6! I had my first treatment about 4 weeks ago, and the setting was at 7. Should I request a higher setting to go deeper for my next treatments? My skin tone is olive and my treatments are spread out over 6 weeks. Thank you!

Number of Fraxel treatments for acne scars

+1

I would recommend 4 to 6 treatments depending on the severity of the scars. The treatments can be spaced 3 to 4 weeks a part. I wouldn't request higher settings since the settings are determined by your skin type and the severity of the scars and they should take into account how your skin reacts to the initial treatments. Ask your dermatologist how they think you are progressing after 3 treatments but be prepared to undergo closer to 6 treatments with Fraxel:Restore to get the best results.

Fairfax Dermatologic Surgeon

Your doctor is giving you good info

+1

Four to six sessions is average for acne scars, but there can be exceptions in either direction. Your doctor is wise to start the treatments with that level for the first one; adjustments in power and treatment level are made as you go along, depending on response to treatment. In short, it sounds like your doc is doing things as they should be done. good luck.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon