Numb Lower Lip?

Tonsils removed 10 days ago. Right after surgery, I noticed that the inside of my lower lip was cut and experienced numbness in the middle section of my lower lip. The cut healed in a couple days but the numb feeling has yet to go away/improve. Will I get full feeling back in my lip? Is there anything I can do to speed along the process? Specific steroids/vitamins that might help? Couldn't find a category that fit but hoping damage to the mental nerve is familiar to many of you. Thanks.

Numb Lower Lip?

+1

The cut in your lower lip is likely unrelated to the numbness. The sensation should come back over the next couple of weeks. You might notice pins and needles type sensations as those nerves begin to function again. This is an unusual problem after tonsillectomy but should resolve completely without any intervention. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon