Does Anyone Know Anything About Nucynta for Pain Following TT and Lipo?

Works great, expensive so get a coupon from your surgeon

+1

Nucynta works great.  It is a new medication that treats pain well but with less chance for nausea and other similar side effects.  The only drawback is that it is expensive without a coupon from your surgeon.  Not all pharmacies have it either so call ahead to make sure.  The company gives doctors some coupons for patients to offset the cost but these sometime run out. 

Dr Remus Repta

Nucynta and Post-Operative Pain Management

+1

Dear Mimirocks,

I have been prescribing Nucynta  for post-operative pain management in my practice for over two years.  It has worked well for my tummy tuck patients.  

Nucynta is one of the newer generation pain medications that works on a different pathway than the older meds.  I started using Nucynta when studies showed it to be very effective for pain relief with less side effects than other meds such as Vicodin or Percocet.  The studies demonstrated significantly less nausea and vomiting, less sleepiness or the opposite, the being "wired" effect when compared to matched patient populations.  There is also a very large safety window with this medication.  Like all pain medications, it is not effective for every patient.  But as I stated earlier, it has worked well for my patients.

And to answer the question that everyone is probably wanting to ask, "No, I am not a paid consultant, speaker, or other for the company that makes the product."

Hopes this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon