How Often Should You Be Up Walking Around 4 Days Post Op Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation?

I am 24 , 5 4' and 125lbs pre op. with 295 cc gummy bear implants.

How Much Walking 4 Days after Mommy Makeover?

+2

Promoting circulation after mommy makeover is helpful for preventing the development of blood clots in your legsAmbulating around your home every 2 hours or so is helpful in this regard.  I do not recommend walking miles in the early postoperative period particularly if liposuction is performed - risk for fluid collection and increased swelling is increased.

Minimal Activity for Two Weeks Following Mommy Makeover

+1

The mommy makeover is one of the larger procedures performed in cosmetic surgery. Following this procedure, the resumption of physical activity is extremely important to the recovery process.

In most cases, we recommend minimal activity for about two weeks following this procedure, and during this period, light activities such as bathroom and kitchen privileges are acceptable but nothing more strenuous.

An effort should be made to ambulate at least every four hours following surgery. This minimizes the potential for lower extremity blood clots and their associated health risks. After two weeks, patients can slowly resume most activities expect those that involve strenuous exertion. After six weeks, patients should be able to resume all of their normal activities including strenuous exertion and heavy lifting.  

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

4 days after breast augmentation and tummy tuck, it's best to be up and walking a lot.

+1

Pulmonary complications are much less in ambulatory patients.  I encourage may patients to resume normal daily activity as soon as they can.

Walking after surgery

+1

Hello Littlemisssunshine, thanks for the question!  It's very important to get up and walk every few hours after surgery, especially after a tummy tuck. You want to keep the blood flowing in your legs.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Walking after tummy tuck

+1

I recommend getting up to walk every few hours. When you are in bed move your legs and knees frequently. This is all done to prevent blood clots.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Waliking is good after Mommy makeover

+1

Yes, walk walk walk. This is a key time to avoid getting what we call clots or DVT in the calves/legs.  You should try to walk around very 4-5 hours, this does not mean long distances just short walks around the house. As you become more comfortable you should increase the frequency and duration. Additionally deep breathing excercises should be done 10 x an hour every hour that you are awake. I hope this helps.

Ritu Chopra, MD

Decreasing The Chance Of Clots In Legs Post Mommy Makeover

+1

4 days after having a Mommy Makeover, you should be able to lie flat in bed, not needing to be in the lawn chair position any longer.  In my practice, the breast drains are normally removed at 24 hours and the 3 abdominoplasty drains are normally removed at 72 hours.  Therefore, by the 4th day, ambulation (walking around) should be relatively easy.  I recommend getting up and walking around the living room or any other room every 4 hours, and be sure to flex and extend your feet, and possibly rotate them, every hour to decrease the chance of clot formations in the veins of the calf. 

Of course, don't cross your legs and don't cross your feet as you are in a hypercoagulable state this early after surgery, and venous stasis caused by crossing legs or feet could easily lead to clotting.  On the other hand, post operative exercising does not mean doing push ups or overdoing it in the first 5 days or this could lead to bleeding, a hematoma and unnecessary revisionary surgery.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Walking after Mommy Makeover?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the “mommy makeover” procedure. I advise my patients to ambulate several times a day  post operatively, concentrate on deep breathing, and move the lower extremities hourly while sitting/reclined.

WALKING AFTER TUMMY TUCK AND BREAST AUGMENTATION

+1

Several times a day, for short periods, always listen to your body, (pain and fatigue). 

Takes Care, Dr. R. Vega / Tijuana, Mexico

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

How Often Should You Be Up Walking Around 4 Days Post Op Tummy Tuck

+1

As much as you can. At least hourly during the day if you are spending a lot of time in bed. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.