Am I a candidate for Liposuction as I have stretch marks on my lower abdominal?

I am a 32 yr old mother of 3 with my last pregnancy 8 months ago.I am considering lipo but wondering if i am a candiate as i have strech marks but no hanging skin. I workout 5-6 times a week but can not lose my belly and love handles.

Candidate for Liposuction

+2
At a quick glance, I would say yes you are a candidate. An examination would be needed to determine your exact desires and to actually feel your skin quality and the regions you wish to have improvement on. Stretch marks are not a contraindication to liposuction. The biggest factors are the quality of your skin, how loose your skin is, and how much liposuction are we planning to do. If you have good skin and a moderate amount of liposuction is performed, I think you could have a a very good result. If you have poor, loose skin and a large amount of liposuction is performed...you may be left with redundant skin and a poor outcome. Hope this helps.

Paul

+1
   Liposuction may be reasonable, but an exam would be necessary to make that determination.

Liposuction options

+1
Judging by your photos, I believe that liposuction is an excellent option, as long as you understand that the liposuction will remove much of the unwanted lower belly fat and love handles, but will not improve your stretch marks (nothing does!). Your stretch marks do not look too bad on your photos. I love your dedication to exercise, and that also makes you a good candidate for liposuction.  Your skin should retract nicely after liposuction, because you are young, but that cannot be guaranteed. 

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Liposuction after babies

+1
Thank you for your liposuction question.
  • Your photos suggest that you would be a good candidate for liposuction of your love handles.
  • They also suggest that the tummy may get more improvement with a tummy tuck, not just liposuction
  • This is because you have a slight sway back and at the front, the rectus muscles are visibly stretched.
  • See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to be examined - s/he will be able to tell you if any kind of tummy tuck is needed or if liposuction of the tummy is all you need. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Candidate for lipo?

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
Unfortunately your photos aren't sufficient to make that determination. It doesn't appear you have a lot of excess skin, but if you have significant stretch marks it may be stretched and thinned to the point that it won't contract after lipo alone. This assessment has to be made in person. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of Luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Lipo or not

+1
As a general rule we don't like to see stretch marks in lipo candidates but you are young and depends a lot on the condition and elasticity immediately over the area to be treated which can only truly be determined by a good exam . So you may still be a decent candidate your doctor should ba able to tell

Robert Savage, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for Liposuction as I have stretch marks on my lower abdominal

+1
Dear Alisha,

Without examining the quality of your abominal skin to see if it is thin, contains bumpy fat (which may look like cellulite post liposuction), it is hard to give you a definitve answer.  Simply reviewing the available photos, liposuction of your abdomen, sides and back would give you very nice results.  The skin of the sides and back does very well with liposuction, even if there are stretch marks.  The front ot the abdomen does not do as well and may show wrinking or lumpiness after liposuction if the skin is thin or too much fat is removed.

Best of luck.

Dr Tarafnow, NYC

Douglas Taranow DO, FACOS

Liposuction vs tummy tuck

+1
There is always a delicate balance between your goals and anatomy. If you do not want the scar of a tummy tuck and have reasonably tight abdominal muscles, then perhaps liposuction  may be ok. Hard to say without an exam.

+1
Hi,
Many thanks for the question. I am not sure if I can see any stretch marks on the pictures posted. I am sure you have marks but the images are so poor unfortunately that they do not show them. If I could have seen them I could have given more constructive advice. I can surely trust you that you have but I don’t know the extent. I would have suggested Liposuction with Mini Tummy Tuck If I could have seen the extent of marks and to see if 80% or more of them could have been removed with this surgery.
The additional bonus of this surgery is tightening of perineal skin to look almost like rejuvenation.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction will not correct contour abnormalities due to excess skin or loose abdominal musculature.

+1
It looks as though you have some prominence of the lower abdomen due to excess fat. This could be improved liposuction. The excess skin and stretch marks will compromise the results however.