Flying after Vaginoplasty Surgery

My goal is to have the surgery in the morning and fly home that same night.   I've read that the second day is quite painful so I was thinking of going home that same day since the good pain meds should still be in my system.  For those of you who have had surgery down below do you think the first or second day would be more bearable. I've had a loop done on my cervix while I felt like crap the first day it was a bit more uncomfortable the second day and I know that was nothing compared to what I'll be in for with this.  Thing is, I have to travel for it 4 hours on a plane and 4 hours at least of driving home and I don't have family that will be there so I'm going to hire a student nurse to come pick me up after.  My husband is military and will be on tour so he won't be there either.....  Do you guys think I'm being to ambitious thinking of doing it all in one day. I know I'll just want to be in my own bed after.

Flying after Vaginoplasty Surgery

+1

It is always better to be near your surgeon in the immediate postoperative course.

Flying after vaginoplasty

+1

No matter the procedure, your idea is out of the question. You need to rest after surgery. You need to recover from anesthesia and need to be in town if bleeding or another issue occurs. At the earliest, you can probably leave on the day after surgery, but it is preferable to stay until the second day after surgery.

Gary J. Alter, MD