Will Breast Implants Hide my Deformed Sternum? (photo)

Since i was 13 ive wanted implants, because well..theyre small! i was born with a slightly deformed sternum, its never caused me physical pain. Just emotional pain when i have to look at it. Ive been told by a family doctor if i gained 30 pounds it would disappear, but to me thats not an option. So perhaps implants would hide them? If not, my lovely new chest will definitely give me the confidence boost I desperately need. I'm 5'9'', 125lb, 19 years of age. I would like to increase to a C-D

Will Breast Implants Hide my Deformed Sternum

+3

No, there are different problem, to solve the sternum you need one treatment, and in the same surgery, the surgeon can solve the small size of your breast too. 

Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Pectus Excavatum?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. The pictures and your description provide a good outline of what your concerns are.

Having taken care of many patients with pectus excavatum and other chest wall contour issues, I have found that breast augmentation may help “camouflage” the patient's concerns to a large degree. For example, patients who have pectus excavatum may find that, after breast augmentation surgery, the appearance of the sternal depression is less visible.  In other words, the cleavage area may seem deeper after breast augmentation surgery.

When the time is right seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you do your research.

Breast Implants Usually Improve The Appearance Of The Pectus Chest Deformity

+2

While breast implants per se do not change the shape of the sternum, enlarging the breasts around them usually does make the pectus deformity seem less significant. Thus you are correct is your assumption that breast implants will hide a sternal deformity as it converts much of it into a cleavage issue which looks more natural than when your breasts are small and the sternum looks deep and deformed.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Breast augmentation can camouflaged some chest wall abnormalities.

+2

A breast augmentation of course does nothing to change the contour of the skeleton of the chest. However larger breasts can sometimes significantly camouflaged a chest wall abnormality.

Breast implants and pectus

+2

Breast implants will not change your pectus deformity but wil make your breasts larger. If you are unhappy with your chest deformity you should have that evaluated.

Breast Implants to enhance Pectum Excavatum ?

+2

Hello,  Although Breast Implants will never been considered to treat nor hide  any Sternum deformity, breast augmentation / enhancement , on the other hand  will make a significant difference in your self steam. Did you share this with a Certified PS? maybe he/ she can offer some other options, on top of the Breast Augmentation ... Have no second thoughts getting Breast Implants.    Happy New Year...

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Pectus Excavatum and Breast Augmentation

+2

Depending upon the exact nature of your pectus excavatum defect you may be a very good candidate for breast augmentation.  The implants will not cover up a midline chest wall defect, but you can probably achieve the C cup you are seeking.