Do I Also Need a Breast Lift? (photo)

I am three weeks post op with 295 cc mentor modplus implants. My ps said I was had borderline sagging and opted for just the implants. Do I look like I need a lift also?

Breast lift only if you do not like the appearance of your breasts

+2

Thank you for the question and the photo.  A breast lift is designed to lift the nipple/areola and to lift and tighten the breast tissue higher up on the chest wall.  You can pursue a breast lift if you do not like the position of your areola or if you do not like the amount of breast tissue below your implant.  It is hard to tell with certainty from the photo but it appears that you may benefit from at least a purse-string lift (donut lift) which will allow more skin below your areola to show on front view.  However, I would give some more time as some improvement might be seen with additional healing.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/breast-enhancement.cfm

Donut Lift Needed 3 weeks after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Wait 6 months for the implants to settle and tissues to relax.  Then if you would like a circumareolar lift to bring your nipple areola complexes up 2 cm or so, that can be done.

Can Appearance improve with a lift?

+1

Hello and thank you for your question and photo.

You are very early in your post-operative healing and the implants continue to evolve over months.  In the end, whether or not you 'need' a lift will depend on your satisfaction with your final result.  Things to consider, are you already have a pretty good result.  you will have more scars with a lift.  You are trading higher nipple placement and tighter skin for visible scars.  I recommend you have this discussion with your plastic surgeon once your result is mature.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Too Early

+1

You must wait to see where the implants settle over next 6 weeks,allow your body to accomdate for implants.

Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift? after implants

+1

At three weeks post-op I would do nothing. Give it a few months to see how the implants settle first.

Do I Also Need a Breast Lift

+1

If this were a six month photo, I would say a lift is in order if you are displeased with the current appearance. 

But this is a 3 week photo, and it is common for the implants to be "high riding" and there is a tendency for them to "drop" over a number of months. With a bit of patience, you may well be rewarded for considering your surgeon's judgement in your decision to hold off on the lift.j

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Too Early

+1

The photograph is taken at an angle pointing down and it's hard to say from that point of view whether or not you need a lift.  Three weeks postop is very early and nearly all implants will sit and ride high. I explain to my patients that they must wait for at least 3-6 months depending on the size of the implant and the amount of loose skin before knowing when an implant will have definitively settled in.  At this point, I would trust your doctors recommendations and be patient to see your final result at around 3 months. From what i see, I dont feel like you need a lift.

Decision for breast lift

+1

Since you are only 3 weeks post surgery, allow yourself complete healing before deciding whether you need breast lift or not. Just based on photo, you appears to be at borderline for breast lift. If you are unhappy with location of your nipple areola complex then you can improve it with breast lift. You will have more scar as result of the the lift. If you are satisfied with your breast shape and location of areola then you don't need the lift. Wait 3 to 6 months for the implant to settle and augmentation is completely healed. 

Best Wishes,

Do I Need a Breast Lift?

+1

Thanks for posting that question.  A lift in your case would move the nipples to a higher position so that they are pointing forward and not down.  However, this is at the expense for more scars and additional cost.  Looking at your photo, at this point I see swelling primarily in the upper breast, which is totally normal and expected for the first several months after surgery.  Be patient, wait at least 4 - 6 months, and see if the appearance does not improve.  If you are not satisfied at that point, discuss lift options with your surgeon.  Best wishes!

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Do I need breast lift?

+1

Thank you for the question and the photo. You are only three weeks  post breast augmentation and there is still some swelling that will take time to subside. Your question is best answered when all the swelling subsides and the implants settle. Usually you want to wait about six months after the surgery. The picture you provided is somewhat limited and does not allow for full evaluation of the breast. Best wishes

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.