I Am Noticing my Lower Body Smartlipo Results Have Lessened?

I stopped wearing the compression garment at night at about 3 weeks post-op, and have worn it everyday without fail and am now at 6 weeks. I am 5'6" tall and weigh about 117 lbs., have not been overeating and have continued to exercise. My surgeon said he got about 5 lb. of fat. Unfortunately I don't have my pictures. Mainly I'm wondering whether stopping the garment at night might have hurt the results will it help if I return to wearing the garment at night. Thanks.

Garments post-liposuction

wearing garments after liposuction helps with recovery. if you can wear them for a few hrs during the day time its better. it will not make a huge difference to wear them at night as well if youre wearing them during the day time

Garment after Liposuction

If you have worn your garment for six weeks, you should be in good shape.  Some patient wear the garment for longer but more as a comfort issue and not to enhance results.  At 6 weeks it is still possible that you have swelling and you should continue to see positive results over the next few months.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD