Noticing Lump After Surgical Excision of Tear Trough Filler, Am I Experiencing a Complication? is This Normal? (photo)

Five years ago i had under eye fillers, which formed little hard lumps in my right tear trough,after unsuccessful Hyaluronidase attempts to dissolve the filler,I had surgical excision of the lumps.Now i'm 3 weeks post op, and i can feel a lump at the inner corner of my eye. My surgeon told me it was scar tissue, that it will eventually disappear and to massage it upward.I'm also noticing a little bit of lid retraction. I had an external incision. Is it a complication? I'm really scared

Tear trough removal

+2

It may very well be scar tissue that you are feeling early post-op. As for eyelid retraction of concerns about the scarring, it is hard to say without an exam. It is best to ask you surgeon on follow-up.