I'm Noticing a Forming of Double Bubble, Will It Get Worse? Should I Get a Revision ASAP?

Hello, I've had my breast augmentation over 5 months ago and they have been looking great and I was very pleased with them until recently when I noticed that when I have my hands stretched out high above my head I can see a FAINT but DEFENITE line or so called "double bubble", note that when my arms are relaxed at my sides there is no sign of it. I'm 5'4 and 125lbs, I have round saline implants with 330cc, that has been placed under the muscle, my pre-op size was 34a and now is 34c.

Double bubble breast implant at 5 months should not get worse

+1

Thank you for your question. Although an examination is necessary to give you a definite answer my suspicion is that the double bubble will not increase after 5 months. Since that it is not visible with your arms down at rest I see no reason to undergo able breast implant revision. A surgical revision of your implant will raised the risk of capsular contracture and as long as a double bubble was not visible I would not recommend surgery.

Double bubble?

+1

Without photos, it would be impossible to evaluate your condition.  See your plastic surgeon in followup for a physical examination and to discuss your concerns.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Double bubble

+1

At 5 months, you are probaly pretty much healed from your surgery.  If a revision needs to be done on your breasts, it possibly could be done at this point. The best thing to do is get an evaluation.  Good luck.