Noticed a Small Indentation (Dent) in the Bridge of Nose After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hello. Had rhinoplasty 7 months ago, started to notice a small indentation (dent) in the bridge of the nose. Can be seen in certain lighting conditions. Prior to the rhinoplasty, there was a hump there. Went back to surgeon, surgeon said the structure of the nose is strong, but is still settling. Said that if I am still unhappy, he can inject some filler or shave some of the bone to smooth it out. Does this sound like the correct approach? Should I be concerned? Thank you in advance.

Filler After Rhinoplasty #nosejob

+1

Fillers are temporary and won't give you a long lasting result. I would let things heal for almost one year then see how you feel. If at that time you want an issue addressed you may require another small procedure.

Noticed a Small Indentation (Dent) in the Bridge of Nose After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Try a filler like HA type to even out the appearances of your post operative hump. Ask your surgeon to do this for you.//

Small imperfections after rhinoplasty

+1

There are often imperfections, some can be felt and some seen only in certain light as yours is. The best approach is to wait and then see how much it bothers, and what the fix might entail. Fillers are temporary and can 'try out' an improvement, but  a revision should have a fairly good reason to take the risk.

+1

The nose could still be maturing for up to a year or more.  I would follow with your surgeon for an exam at this stage to address your concerns.  Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, operative time, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed etc.  In my patients, about 80% of the swelling is gone at about a month or so.