I Have Noticed my Jaw Line I Asymmetrical, What Are Permanent and Non Permanent Procedures? (photo)

I like the smaller more defined side better although it would be most likely the side to recieve fillers. How can I make the bigger side more like the smaller side? How long do the results of the procedures last?

I Have Noticed my Jaw Line I Asymmetrical, What Are Permanent and Non Permanent Procedures?

+1

I would probably start with fillers or fat grafting to the smaller side.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of chin implants and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Facial asymmetry

+1

The least invasive treatment would be fat transfer or fillers to the small side of the face.  These should last for several months to a couple of years.  The fat should last longer.  Your other option would be bone recontouring of the face.  A  radiograph would reveal if you have skeletal asymmetry or not.  This is more invasive than fillers but would be permanent.  Donald R. Nunn MD, DDS  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

+1

You should first have a complete genetic/medical.scan workup to see the exact issues in your facial anatomy. And determine if this is environmental/genetic/developmental/traumatic deformity.

Jaw symmetry

+1

your facial growth pattern leads to a narrowness of the lower jaw. Definition is often the result of the width of the lower jaw, but can be due to the fullness of the neck below the jawline; and the right side is often less defined that the left, in most persons.

As to options, it is generally best to augment based upon the overall facial shape you prefer; temporary fillers are good initially so you can 'see' what it looks like; and they 'dissolve' over time. Long term, consider jawline augmentation with internal implants

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Facial asymmetry

+1

You may have difficulty finding a reputable plastic surgeon that would agree to try to make your right side more like your left. Most people would agree your right side is more attractive, more youthful and will age better.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon