Has Anyone Noticed a Change in Eyesight Since Surgery

I feel like my eyesight has changed since upper and lower sx Is it just the healing process.? BTW its gotten worse. How long should I wait to go get my eyes checked?

Change in vision following eyelid surgery

+2

This is a phenomenon seen in about 5% of patients having primarily upper eyelid surgery, or 5 out of 100. This is related to the change of weight on the eye/cornea, which changes its shape. The vision can change for the better or for the worse. This change usually stabilizes after 6 weeks and then doesn't change. I also agree, see eye doctor if does not improve.

Eugene Oculoplastic Surgeon

Vision changed after eye lifts of upper and lower eyelids.

+1

Yes, vision can change rarely after eye lifts, sometimes due to slight cahnges in the cornea dur to swelling and or  pressure.  You should have your vision checked by an opthalmologist for temporary visual correction.  The visual changes should be resolved after several months.  I have seen this one time in over 20 years of performing eyelid surgery.  Most visual changes, due to swelling, resolve after sevral days if it occurs at all.

There can be a number of reasons for this.

+1

Eyelid surgery can change the pressure the eyelids apply to the cornea slightly changing the corneal shape.  This is not so common but could effect the vision.

Other issues include a gradual and normal change in glasses unrelated to the eyelid surgery that you associate in your mind with the eyelid surgery.  Also dry eye after eyelid surgery may also contribute to a reduction in vision.

I recommend that you see your ophthalmologist (Eye MD) for a detailed eye examination.