I Noticed Bruising on the T Section and Vertical Incision Day 12 Post Mastopexy and Augmentation, What Do I Do?

There is no significantl swelling to the whole breast compared to the other side, only a very red bruise that is a little tender. I am a sonographer so I scanned the area. There is a long thin 2cc collection about .5 to 1 cm below skin surrounding vertical incision. No deep collection seen around implant which is sub pectoral. Would I need to have this drained?

Bruising on the T Section and Vertical Incision Day 12 Post Mastopexy and Augmentation

+1

Since this study is almost never done in this setting, I don't expect the information will be of much use  since its meaning is not known. 

I would be inclined not to drain something so small. The bruising itself raises no red flags. Pass your info on to your surgeon who ultimately must decide what to do with it. 

Thanks, interesting question, best wishes.

Concerns after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+1

Your best course of action is to follow up with your plastic surgeon. Direct physical examination will be necessary to  provide you with good advice.  Your description of your physical examination does not sound alarming and  the information you have gained from sonography  may or may not be helpful.